Monday, October 6, 2008

Hope Heritage Days

Hi all, No I am not missing in action just busy , busy and busier. I have much to share with you but will start back at the beginning for today. Last weekend I did a local festival here in my home town called Hope Heritage Days. I decided to take my signs and some crafts and try to sell them there. My neighbors across the road shared a booth with me and I sold their pumpkins and gourds and apples for them. The weather was beautiful and the crowds were huge! Here are a few shots of my makeshift booth.
























Since I only decided two weeks before the festival that I was going to do it, I did not have a lot of time to devote to a booth display. I was to busy making signs.
I sold about half of what I brought and got 7 custom orders over the weekend. I was very happy with those results, especially in this economy. However, I also decided that I am not a craft show person. The sitting around stuff is not for me. The kids came and helped me man the booth some on Sunday but I think they really came for the parade and candy.





















Here they are with Dad anxiously awaiting the start of the parade.





















What would a parade be without an Elvis????






























Yes, of course there were horses and I had to snap their pictures.















All in all a nice but long weekend and one I do not want to repeat anytime to soon.




Now, for the next post I think we will play a guessing game. Since so many of you responded to my other child post on Tank, I think we will have a contest on who is going to adopt him and I will make a prize for the winner. Stay tuned for clues ...

2 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

Oh-K clues...um, I'm in!
Elvis was funny in that parade!
missed you glad you came up for air!

Train Wreck said...

I love hometown festivals!! Good job on your selling, and orsders!!! It does make for a long day!! You would not like Cowboy Christmas, it is for 10 days!! My poor hubby! He sat with me 6 of those days last year! Of course he walked around and found all kinds of things he wanted too!! Try Ebay!! I bet you would sell quite a bit and you do it when you want!