Thursday, November 20, 2008

Girl in a whirlwind

Where has this week gone?? I know where it has gone, out the window. I am truly a girl in a whirlwind right now. It started last Friday evening when hubby returned from the road and pronounced "We are going to Florida for Thanksgiving". What????
We decided no Florida trip this year , remember?? Sigh.....

For those of you who don't know, that is my hometown. Both of our families all live there. It has been a year since I have seen any of my siblings. We did see hub's family in July on that fabulous cruise. So, although I am rushed I am looking forward to seeing sisters and brothers for the holiday.

But, I made a promise to the local historical museum that I would put our house on the Christmas home tour this year. It is to be done on the 5th of December. We are leaving tomorrow and will not return until the 30th. Yes, that is rushing. So this week I have been the decorating diva. I have four of the five trees up and decorated and all the outside stuff is up also. I am sitting pretty well. Still I am stressed.

On top of this I volunteered to make the patterns for our next ranch horse show which is December 6-7 . Yep it is going to be a real busy weekend. I did the showmanship, horsemanship and trail patterns for the show. I need the practice if I hope to get that judge's card in February.

Mike called and both people who tried Harley last weekend are coming again on Saturday to see him again. Hopefully he will make a good impression on one of them.
I haven't been to see Frankie but Mike reports he is coming along good. Tiffany snapped some pictures last weekend while we were there and unfortunately did not have a big enough flash for the indoor so most are to dark to see. Here is a head shot of him though.






Turns out his eyes are blue after all not green as I thought.


I will try to blog from the road but who knows what the trip will hold? I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

Happy trails....

1 comment:

Pony Girl said...

Have a great trip! And a happy Turkey Day!
You'll have to share some pics of all the trees for the home tour! :)