Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Catching up

Hi all, sorry have been away for awhile. Lots of little things using up my time these days. Birthdays, t ball and of course the horse shopping. Happy to say I have been riding Harley almost daily and he is really behaving well. Sure is nice to be able to ride no matter the weather and boy have we had the rain here. I did see the farmers cutting hay today and I feel bad because as I type I hear the rain falling on my tin roof outside. I am going Saturday to try the gelding in Michigan and I am getting excited! Hopefully I don't make a fool of myself riding him. Actually today I realized how far I have come this year with my riding. I think my new/old saddle has greatly improved my balance. Was wondering if anyone had this experience? I rode my crates reiner for 12 years and loved it, but I must say I am loving this Billy Cook even more and it fits the little guy well. Trail riding time is just around the corner as well. My first real trip is on the 6th of June at a place just around an hour away. Best of America by horseback is coming so I guess I will be famous! Just in case any of you are unfamiliar with BOABH it is a show on RFD tv. Tom Seay hosts rides at places all over America and videos them for the show. My whole family gets to come which excites me even more. The place has little log cabins to rent which means the little folk have a place to sleep as my trailer is cramped for four. They have clinics and games and of course vendors selling horsey stuff. YEA~
Happy trails.....

3 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Sounds like you have been busy! Can't wait to hear how the ride on the Michigan gelding goes. Say, that trail riding trip sounds amazing! My family and I are doing something like that this summer. I have seen that RDF show. (I do not get it, my parents do.) Let us know if you make the footage and become famous! ;)

Mrs. Mom said...

Oooo you shopping maverick you....between horse shopping, and shopping at the ride you are going to be in a daze..hehehehe... ;)

Glad Harley is behaving so well. I like the Billy Cook saddles too, almost as much as my beat to heck and back Tex Tan. Have not tried a reining saddle yet though, so cant help ya there...

Have a fun one and let us know how all the shopping goes when you can snap out of your happy daze! LOL

Gecko said...

I've only ridden another person's horse in front of them once...trying out a huge dun QH gelding, there was a storm coming so I didn't want to push him and the owner just kept telling me, "take him for a canter!". Not to mention the reins were about the thickness of haystring!!