Monday, March 30, 2009

New digs

So as not to keep you in suspense for to long I am posting a few outside pictures of the new digs. The weather was gray on Saturday when I took these so no mares and babies this time around. You will get the general idea of the place though.








This is the front view from the road










This is the back of the house, I love all the windows!














This is a side view from the entry









Question for all my donkey owning or knowledgeable Friends out there. Do donkey's shed? Frankie is an all out hair blowing machine and poor Jane does not have one little bit letting loose. Seems to me Candy may have mentioned that I would need to shave her come summer but my poor mucus in crusted brain cannot remember right now.

Today was filled with packing the horse trailer with totes from the basement and boxes I have been busy filling with the not day to day stuff. We plan on heading down Friday and spending two nights there. That's all I got for now folks.

Happy trails......

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful place! Bet it's warmer than where you are now, too.

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Oh Home Sweet Home! What a lovely place. I can see your guys running all over that yard playing. Congratulations to you for such a wonderful new (old) home! So inviting! Can't wait to see the inside!

Mrs. Mom said...

Oh wow- that place looks PERFECT. Stunning!!

Yes, I have seen donkeys shed before... maybe Jane is a slow starter?

Pony Girl said...

It's very cottagey and charming! Like you, I love the windows, and the porch. I can't wait to see the inside.
Don't know anything about donkeys shedding. Seems like their coat is always a bit rougher and longer than a horse's?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sigh. That house is just darling! How lucky to have found an older home with so many windows! I bet every room is awash in natural light. Such an uplifting way to live each day.

Congrats on your new home!

And yes donkeys do shed. I've often seen them shed like camels and bison: in clumps and large sections instead of in individual hairs like horses.

~Lisa

gtyyup said...

What a beautiful home!! I could move right in with that one...the front porch is the best! Congratulations!

Donkeys eventually shed...they are just very slow. They don't shed like horses. By the end of the summer, she'll be done shedding. I don't shave mine...and we have hot summers here.

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Just letting everyone know that I'm having a Treasure Chest Tuesday Give-a-way if you're interested!?

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

What a great looking house with lots of character! I love the back deck.

allhorsestuff said...

Oh that does look so special>>>fireplace too?! Love it C!!!
Good for you, and praying for the packing..dislike packing but with that lovley place and your BGF there too!! Gettyup and go!
Kac

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Hey make sure to check back you're still in a drawing to see what order in line to chose your necklace..... I'll have hubby draw names out of the cowboy hat tonight if.... everyone gets back with their answers that is!

Jamie said...

Yeah !!!
It is lovely !! I know you are soooo excited.
Congrats to you !!!

Will let ya know about the donkeys. Going to Mule Days this weekend (actually today through Sunday), in Columbia, TN. I can't wait to hang out with those long ears all weekend. I love mules, although I have never owned one.

Congrats again honey !!

By the way:
I have my adorable sign you made me hanging in my horse trailer....everyone that comes in loves it and asks me where I got it.
I say from my awesome friend !!!