Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wind, Rain and Tornadoes....Oh MY!

Wow, we are having some kinda crazy weather these past few weeks. Just Friday a town one hour north of me was devastated by a tornado. Today as I pulled into Tiffany's place to ride Harley a big ole storm kicked up. I had just enough time to dodge into the arena before rain fell like crazy. She was just finishing riding Cisco and was untacking. I had planned to ride this am but forgot I had the annual Mammogram thing to deal with (that's right girls, I am taking good care of me!)so had to wait til this afternoon. As we weighed our options of making a run for the house or waiting it out, a very loud gush of wind came through the arena tearing the door off.
I suppose it was a straight line wind because it was over in about 10 seconds. We emerged from the arena to find her tape fencing torn down in places and her porch furniture now resided in her hay field behind the house. Luckily the horses were penned up in the dry lots and were under their shelters safe from the storm and debris. After the storm passed I was able to ride Harley, it had been four days and I was a little concerned he may be feisty. Alas, he was a gent and it really has me wondering what in the world has gotten into him. I'm wondering if my new found confidence has something to do with it?? I really would love to take him to a show and see if he gets fired up again. Nothing doing til at least August if I still have him.

I am so looking forward to the weekend. Started packing the horse trailer today with supplies for the family. I have a girl that is going to look at Harley while I am at the trail ride, she is a cutter and wants to start ranch horse showing. I can't believe this is the first time I am getting out this year, usually I have a few trail rides done by now. Well, I am off to do my house goddess duties for now.
Happy trails.....

3 comments:

Pony Girl said...

Sounds like some crazy weather you are having! We have a lot of rain here, but luckily, no worries of tornados.
I enjoyed your post about the ride on Lyle. Didn't sound like the horse for you. I bet Harley is looking better every day, lol! ;)
Can't wait to hear about the trail ride.....

Resting Racers Ranch said...

I love your horses name "Harley"... my hubby and I both ride Harley motorcycles and I also ride horses.. when I can. I have 5 of them and they keep me hopping! Wish we lived closer so we could trail ride together!! Have fun this weekend! Harley is a beautiful horse!

Marchelle said...

love your blog! i found you thru pony girl...i'm in central indiana too!

i told pony girl, i don't have horses anymore, but plan on getting them again someday. in the meantime i'm going to stalk your blogs to get my "horse fix!"