Monday, January 12, 2009

Have you ever......

Have you ever just had one of those days? weeks? months?

Well, yeah I am having that.

Today was the frosting on the cake so to speak. I make no qualms about telling you how much I dread winter, hate winter, despise winter ....you get the point. I started the morning off bright and early at 5:30am it had stopped snowing. Checked the TV made sure no school closings, check the temp outside oooh a balmy 22. Woke up the kids and the fun started, by the time I reached downstairs again Betty dog was barfing on my carpet. No she couldn't pick the hard wood or tile area, had to be the lovely carpet. Out goes the dog, clean up number one begins. The kids were cranky from the big weekend excitement and would have preferred to sleep in for once in their little lives. Shuffle around and get them fed, dressed and off to the bus.
Head out to feed the horse and donkey, slip on ice and fall flat on my big ole arse.
Everything working so get up and head down the drive to the barn. Discover that Jane's heated bucket has stopped heating during the night, grab hammer break ice Jane did not appreciate the frosty cold water. Head back to the house and start laundry, go to the shower when I get back downstairs discover the washer is puking water out from the underneath, luckily it is on the tile floor. Sigh....... truly that is what I did. Clean up the mess, decide it is best if I do not stray from the house today, why push our luck. Make phone calls and one big decision for the day.

Frankie must come home on the 1st. Call Mike and tell him I just can't swing the fee right now and he is disappointed but understands. He asks me if I want to trade for the little mare I been riding. I told him I would give it thought and I am. Called a friend and asked her opinion, she told me to go with the gut.....thanks Shannon I am. Going to keep him and try and work out somewhere to ride him until this winter passes. We are in for some nasty cold the rest of the week now isn't that something to look forward to. Dreaming of summer!

Happy trails.....

7 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Love ya girlfriend ;)

Chin up. I am going to be freezing my ta-tas off down here this week too. Door is still open to you though, should you need to make a break for it! No snow in this tiny corner of the world....

Kiss Tank and Jane from me... and Frankie too when he comes home.

Remember what our Grandma's used to say, as they would smile serenley? This too shall pass. It usually does. (Of course, I suppose they could have been totally freaking INSANE, driven to the depths of dementia by husbands of too many years, children and grandchildren, and keeping up with the Jones'.... Hmm... wait a moment here. I think I know why my Gramma kept a "Special Medicine Bottle" in the cupboard that we kids were not to touch...)

Melanie said...

Gees...some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed, does it??? And of course your kidlets wanted to sleep in on a school day!! That always happens...lol!!!

Glad that you were not hurt when you fell, and I am also glad that you have decided to keep Frankie. I think that he will work out well for you, and who knows...maybe a little break is what he needs too??!!

Gecko said...

*sending you a few degrees of warmth from here in Aus*

Just remember life is a big wave, you have your crappy days then before you know it you are swept back upwards by something nice. never fails. =)

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Yea, it's hard some days! Hey, we used to live in Louisville. Don't know what your budget is but we lived right off of Hurstbourne and Shelbyville Rd. area. Shelbyville Rd. is close to the outskirts of Jeffersonville east area. We also lived on the other side of town in a gorgeous area, Prospect west....horse country out there but pricey....so many options for you....but the farther out of the city....gets real country fast if you know what I mean! Depends on what you want. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm sure things have changed since we were there almost eight to ten years ago. We would move back in a heartbeat if we could! Loved it!

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Oh yea, just wanted to let me know we have WAY more snow than you in the this freakin Siberia! Freezin my kester off....at below zero and 15+ degree windchill. Feeding six horses inside for a few days, carrying 12-5 gallon buckets of water twice a day (sometimes more) with snow up to my knees, (and I'm only 5'2") and my farrier is supposed to come tomorrow to trim hooves in this? I don't think so! Remember a sista always has it worse than you somewhere! Have a great day!

Pony Girl said...

Oh dear, hang in there, TRC! Everyone has those days. When it rains it pours. Or is it when it snows it blizzards? The title of my post today was "Summer Dreamin'", so I hear ya, sista!

allhorsestuff said...

Bring on the Sporing..or maybe jsut skip to fullm out summer would be nice lasting a
L O N G Time!
Mee too..no dog, but a cat that reularly pees on us in the middle of the night and our washer spit up the other day too...#?**!!AND my Barn is yanking me around and I can't sleep WAAAAAA!

I think we are in this together and lets just close our eyes...and hang on!Oh..you got kids..don't close your eyes!
KK