Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Moving on...

So last post I eluded to some changes in Frank's living conditions. I will now dish the scoop.

Let me begin by saying that for those of you who don't know I used to own/operate a boarding stable in South Florida. I have also had the privilege of having my horses in my own back yard on my hobby farms. Two years ago we relocated to Kentucky and decided not to purchase another farm for economic and personal reasons (mostly I was exhausted from taking care of the farm). We now rent a lovely farm house on a Thoroughbred stud farm. It has one acre fenced off from the actual farm, yet I have a clear view of the daily happenings there. Being that I have lived in these situations I think that I am the best boarder there could ever be. I know far too well what goes on when you own a boarding stable. Somehow your personal space is no longer your personal space, regardless of how many contracts, signs and amenities you provide. I won't go into the horror stories of boarding horses here, i just wanted to give you insight into my back round and as to why I believe I am justified to consider myself a great boarder. That being said, it is with some in trepidation that I am moving the Frank tomorrow. I do like the barn he is at but there are some issues. I think I posted about the lack of a heated bucket this winter and me having to bring one while paying a premium for full board. Then there was the severe weight loss Frank endured until I started buying my own feed, still paying the premium full board price. When spring came around and I became insanely busy I thought Frank would benefit by being turned out 24/7, still I pay the premium full board price although no stall,shavings or care is being administered. Lately I find myself subconsciously not wanting to go and visit Frank for fear I will run into the owner. That sounds crass I know but I view my Frank time as a luxury and I don't want to share it with anyone most days. I just want to relax and spend what precious little time I have alone with him. I don't want to engage in chitty chat or have someone watch me school or ride him. So to make a long story short as I can, (you know me I am wordy) I am moving the boy to a new place tomorrow.

The new place does not have an indoor but has over 300 acres to ride on which excites me greatly! I will post some pictures later and update you on his new digs soon.

Happy trails......

1 comment:

Wingsaseagles said...

Hi thank you for sharing this with us. I hope the new place will be a blessing. http://managinganewbusinessstartup.blogspot.com/