Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The End of Summer....kinda

This weekend we celebrated the end of summer at our house. True it is not officially the end of summer but for my kids who started school today this past weekend was it for them. To celebrate we took a much needed "stay cation" to my best friend Susan's house. Well actually we went to her Mom and Dad's house, who were away on vacation. The house is one of the oldest in the small town they live in and sits on roughly 600 acres of planted fields. The family used to raise hogs but has moved onto strictly crops of corn and soybeans now.

Being from a nomadic family myself i always wished I had a home to go back to on rainy days. I feel blessed that Susan considers me family and invited me and my family to come and stay at the farm with her.









Picture of the front of the house












So on Friday evening after the open house at school we packed up the two kids, two Jack Russell's and various suitcases and took off on the 2 hour drive to the farm.
It had been many a year since I had been there and never in the dark so I was a little apprehensive. I need not have worried it all came back to me and we arrived safely at 9:30pm. The kids were mighty excited to see their good friend Eliza and my dogs were happy to join the dog party of 5 already there. We spent the weekend exploring the farm, swimming in the pool and riding Susan's horses. I dare say it was the best stay cation I ever had!

I leave you with this parting shot of the kids at the pool. Although blurry I love it. It reminds of all those lost summers as a child.
















Happy Trails.....

No comments: