Monday, February 18, 2008

Missing in action..



Hi all, sorry I have been missing from blog world of late. Lots of happenings here, some good some bad. Thanks for all your comments and questions. The weather has been brutal here with loads of ice and crazy temperature fluctuations. I am having a mystery medical situation with my throat of late and haven't gotten any firm answers yet. Andy the rescue dog is also having medical issues himself, the ears mostly and now we are having some problems with his hind end. I have an appt with him later this week to determine what we should do, I have a feeling I am not going to like the answer. Harley's boot camp has been postponed again..... we are hoping for March 1st now......sigh....... Enough of that .




This past weekend I attended the national convention for the American Ranch horse asscociation in Owensboro Kentucky. I got to pick some serious horseman's brains and mingle with lots of fellow horse lovers.


I am always relieved to find that there are people out there that are just as fanatical as I am about their horses. I had a great time and it really got me excited looking forward to showing this season. The only damper on the weekend was that my truck broke down Sunday morning and of course nothing was open and the rental car place was closed also. Luckily I had a friend who lived in Owensboro and he let me drive one of his cars


home. I now have to drive three hours back down to retrieve the truck tomorrow. It could have been worse , it could have happened on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. I am going to leave you with this picture of my front yard this week during the ice capades we had. It is lovely now that I look at it but no fun to deal with.. Happy trails


2 comments:

Mrs. Mom said...

Great shots-- reminds me of growing up in Tundra Country..... (Good thing its morning here in the Southland- I'd have bad dreams seeing that right before bed...LOL)

Keep us posted on the rescue pup, AND your throat. We are all pulling for you guys here! Hang tough.

Gecko said...

Looks COOOOOOOOLDD!! You're very lucky not to have broken down in the middle of nowhere-that's one of my biggest fears.