Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Remodeling hell.....

Oh, I am in hell. I have been spending my days out in the big blue trailer, ripping up carpet and painting paneling. Never knew kilz smelled so bad! Kilz is the sealer you put on wood to seal out smells and moisture and such. After ripping up the carpet that looked like a cheap poncho I needed to kilz the floor. But first I HAD to paint that paneling! We decided to wait on the total remodel until spring since I have another show fast approaching and need to be using this trailer for it. So, I decided to paint the paneling for now and then decide what to put on the walls next spring along with the bunk beds for the kiddos. For know the little men will have to sleep on the floor on a blow up bed when we camp. They love it and think it is a great adventure. I am happy to say that today I finished painting and got the kilz done also, tomorrow I have a date with flooring.

Hubby has been busy with the tack compartment and decided it too needed paint and a proper floor. He braved the oil based stinky paint in that small no air circulating space to make it look nice. Today he installed my instant stick on wood floor! Linoleum that is..... but hey it cleans nice and water won't affect it like real wood. Gotta say, this non horsey guy sure is going the distance for this horse crazed cowgirl. I will snap some photos tomorrow and show you our progress.

I rode the little Harley tonight and worked on the giving of the face.... he isn't crazy about staying in frame and giving freely. Too bad! His transitions were so much better this way. I worked on the lead change in straight lines like the clinician suggested, he still got way amped up......
I guess we will have to continue practicing them some more. I am happy to say we are working the gate nicely now without rushing so definite progress there.
Tomorrow is another day...

Happy trails....

2 comments:

Callie said...

Oooooh! Can't wait to see the pics! How exciting having it start to come together.

Jamie said...

I am so excited for you.
About 4 years ago we bought a trailer and completely re-did the living quarters - it was a lot of work, but fun and I loved it. However, it had no bath, after a couple of camping trips...Bear decided he needed his "own" bath, so we sucked it up and bought a big, nice trailer.
Just recently he bought me a VERY used OLD 2 horse bumper pull and we are in the process of re-doing it now. Lots of work, but will be worth it - when I can go by myself and ride with the girls.
Can't wait for pics !!