Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Out of hibernation

Hello world,

I think I am ready to come out of my winter hibernation now. Is it safe? Is the blasted snow over with?? You may have noticed my sparse posts on here and what in the world has happened to me. Well, I will put on my big girl pants and confess.... I HATE Winter! Nothing new here but I will tell you this year it really affected me in ways that I am not proud of. I have been in a funk of all funks lately. I withdrew from friends, posting here and even going to see my dear Frank. I could blame it on a lot of things, my best pal moving South to Ga, the ongoing glut of snow again this year, hubby traveling more than ever to make a buck, etc. etc.
Fact is I was depressed. Not really willing to admit it and making excuses for it.
I gained weight, lost interest in everything and just survived in a zombie like state. There I said it.

Now that I have seen Sun more than once a week and the grass and flowers are starting to bloom I think I can shake it. Oh yeah a little counseling did not hurt either. When I put stuff in perspective I have it pretty darn good compared to a lot of folks. So I am onto the next chapter and that means out of hibernation and back to being well, ME.

First I have called all my friends and reconnected with them, I am making it a point to walk every day and get myself back in shape, changed my diet and making a point to see frank 5 times a week.

Frank is in full shed mode and I dare say he is almost done, his head is still a little rough looking. I may just get the clippers out and finish that winter hair off. I am getting Frank legged back up and plan to do some more competitive trail rides with him this year. We are also going to go back to our first love, trail riding just for fun! Nothing like the woods to recharge your batteries and make you appreciate the things in your life, like a great horse!

So starting this weekend I am going for it. I am loading Frank on Saturday and heading to a friends cabin in the woods! It is about a three hour trip to get there and I cannot wait! Frank has never been there so it will be an adventure for him as well. You can get a peek of her place by looking HERE. I love, love, love this place and it will do Frank good to get some cattle experience as well.

I promise to take some pictures and share with all of you! I want to say a big Thank you to all of you who follow, comment and share your blogs with me.


Happy Trails......

No comments: